Teen & Adolescent Group & Individual Counseling
In-Person Or Online Therapy
Establishing trust & safety
Symptoms of Teen & Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Symptoms of Teen & Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Complaints of headaches, stomachaches, or other physical ailments, especially more frequently.
- Isolating or withdrawing from family, friends, and activities.
- Visible signs of distress, nervousness, crying, easily hurt feelings, and anger.
- Visible changes in appearance including clothing/ dress/attire, hair, piercings, etc.
- Visible or reported injuries (cuts, scratches, burns, piercings, bruises, abrasions).
- Increased lying or concealing of behaviors.
- Substance use (legal/illegal drugs, prescriptions,
- Avoidance of or breaking commitments or responsibilities suddenly and unexplainably.
- Uncharacteristically poor performance and/or follow-through in school.
- Damage to physical property.
- Physical or verbal aggression to others.
- Sudden changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Significant changes in friend/peer groups and/or social interests.
Teen & Adolescent Counseling Options
One-on-one therapy with the therapist of your choice. Our therapists are trained in numerous specialties: Anxiety, Body Image, Depression, Eating Disorders, LGBTQ+, Spiritual, Substance Abuse, and Trauma are just a few.
Your therapist works with all the “family members” identified. As an objective listener, the therapist listens to family issues and facilitates family goals without pointing blame at any members. Family counseling seeks to improve family dynamics, communication, the development of healthy boundaries, and healthy family relationships.
We have 2 options led by Dr. Ryan Kron for middle & high schoolers ages 12-17:
- General Teen & Adolescent Support Group (Open)
- Teen & Adolescent Substance Use/Abuse 8-Week Support Group (Closed)
- In person or virtual groups of 3-8 people.
- Groups meet once (1x) per week for 60-90 minutes
- Multiple locations: Grand Rapids Leonard Fuller Plaza, 221 Trowbridge St. Unit 208, & Grandville 3980 Chicago Dr SW.
- Cash pay only. HSAs and Credit Cards accepted (discounts available).