Teen & Adolescent Group & Individual Counseling & Coaching
In-Person Or Online Therapy
Establishing trust & safety
Our therapists employ a variety of strategies to connect with teenagers to help them feel secure and trusted.
These skills utilize a variety of methods of communication including verbal, nonverbal, art, music, writing, and social media. The therapist ensures the group members feel safe, heard, comfortable, and engaged.
Parents, teachers, school counselors, spiritual leaders, friends, coaches, etc. are encouraged to recommend teens to the support group.
Book An Individual Consultation
FIND A GROUP FOR YOUR TEEN
Symptoms of Teen & Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Symptoms of Teen & Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Complaints of headaches, stomachaches, or other physical ailments, especially more frequently.
- Isolating or withdrawing from family, friends, and activities.
- Visible signs of distress, nervousness, crying, easily hurt feelings, and anger.
- Visible changes in appearance including clothing/ dress/attire, hair, piercings, etc.
- Visible or reported injuries (cuts, scratches, burns, piercings, bruises, abrasions).
- Increased lying or concealing of behaviors.
- Substance use (legal/illegal drugs, prescriptions,
- Avoidance of or breaking commitments or responsibilities suddenly and unexplainably.
- Uncharacteristically poor performance and/or follow-through in school.
- Damage to physical property.
- Physical or verbal aggression to others.
- Sudden changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Significant changes in friend/peer groups and/or social interests.
Teen & Adolescent Counseling Options
One-on-one therapy with the therapist of your choice. Our therapists are trained in numerous specialties: Anxiety, Body Image, Depression, Eating Disorders, LGBTQ+, Spiritual, Substance Abuse, and Trauma are just a few.
Your therapist works with all the “family members” identified. As an objective listener, the therapist listens to family issues and facilitates family goals without pointing blame at any members. Family counseling seeks to improve family dynamics, communication, the development of healthy boundaries, and healthy family relationships.
Group Counseling & Coaching
We have 2 options for middle & high schoolers ages 12-17:
- General Teen & Adolescent Support Group (Open)
- Teen & Adolescent Substance Use/Abuse 8-Week Support Group (Closed)
These groups are available:
- In person or virtual groups of 3-8 people.
- Groups meet once (1x) per week for 60-90 minutes
- Multiple locations: Grand Rapids Leonard Fuller Plaza, 221 Trowbridge St. Unit 208, & Grandville 3980 Chicago Dr SW.
- Cash pay only. HSAs and Credit Cards accepted (discounts available).
How To Get Started With Therapy For Your Teen
Simply click below to find the right group for your teen.
We’ll call at a time that suits you and learn more about you and your unique situation. From there we’ll connect you with a therapist that will best support you and your unique goals.
Let’s meet! If you like the sounds of things, then we’ll encourage you to meet them yourself